What is pre-authorization?

Before a Covered Person enters a Medical Care Facility on a non-emergency basis, or receives other listed medical services, the utilization review administrator will, in conjunction with the attending Physician, certify the care as appropriate. A non-emergency stay in a Medical Care Facility is one that can be scheduled in advance. The Physician or Covered Person must contact CareLink at 406-245-3575 or 866-894-1505, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Thursday, and 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday, prior to the following treatments:
* Inpatient admissions to a Hospital
* Inpatient admissions to free-standing chamical dependancy, mental health, and rehabilitation facilities.
* Cancer treatment programs, administered on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
* Inpatient or outpatient surgeries relating to hysterectomies, spine surgery, or bariatric surgery.

Show All Answers

1. I'm getting divorced. Can I take my spouse off of my insurance?
2. What happens if I don't use my medical flex or child care account by the end of the calendar year?
3. How can I verify what networks my doctor participate in?
4. How does the hospital and/or facility preferred network plan work when I go out of the network?
5. What happens if my physician determines I need specialty care that is not available from any hospital or facility
6. Do I have medical coverage in a foreign country?
7. What happens to my network coverage for my dependent child who moved out of the area for college?
8. What is pre-authorization?
9. Do I ever need to file a medical claim form?
10. What if I lose my ID card or I need to request additional one?
11. When can it elect or terminate dental coverage?
12. Is there an open enrollment period for the 457 Plan?
13. Do I have to wait until the Benefits Enrollment period to update or make changes to my beneficiaries?
14. Do I need to update my address and phone number if it changes?