Boards & Commissions

City Boards and Commissions are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council. They are advisory only in nature.

These boards and commissions encourage private citizens 18 years or older that reside in the City limits of Billings to participate in City government. They also offer an opportunity to learn how the City operates on a first-hand basis.

Join a Board or Commission
Citizen members of these boards and commissions are appointed when there is a vacancy created by a resignation or term limitation.  Please review the openings here vacancies. If you are interested in applying for membership on a board or commission, you can download an application.  If you are applying for the newly formed Citizen Police Advisory Board you can download an application here. 


If you are applying for the Energy and Conservation Commission you can download an application here.

List of Boards & Commissions

The City-County Planning Division also provides services for boards and commissions appointed by the Yellowstone County Commissioners. For more information, click the relevant link below.