The Facilities Management Department provides internal services for the City of Billings in many facilities throughout the City and builds, maintains, operates, renovates and manages designated facilities in compliance with laws, codes, and regulations. We currently are responsible for full facility management functions at City Hall and the Billings Operations Center.
Facility Management involves the practice of coordinating the physical workplace with the people and work of the organization, integrating the principles of business administration, architecture, engineering and behavioral sciences.
Our goals include facilitating best practices throughout the City in the management and operation of facilities and to seek economies of scale for services and supplies required. Our goals also include assisting in any way we can to promote excellent facilities leadership wherever we are asked to serve.
Some of the services provided are:
- Managing and operating facilities
- Maintaining and operating building systems
- Performing building maintenance and custodial work
- Coordinating ADA / OSHA and other regulatory matters for facilities
- Coordinating building, renovations, design, and projects
- Managing building projects