Code Enforcement Responsibilities
The Code Enforcement Division is part of the Planning and Community Services Department and works in partnership with the citizens of Billings and Yellowstone County to promote and maintain a safe and attractive community.
The Division, in general, enforces:
- Business regulations
- Land use regulations
- Nuisance codes
- Sign codes
- Specific parking regulations
These codes help preserve the health, safety, and quality of life within the City of Billings and Yellowstone County.
Please report junk vehicles on the street to the Crime Prevention Center - 406.247.8590
Code Enforcement Lobby Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 5 pm
Code Enforcement Clerk is available during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Officer Work Days:
- CE Officer Bickford will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Glunt will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Office Gudmundson will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Officer Guy will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Division Manager, Tina Hoeger will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Morgan will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Officer Punt will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Simpson will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Officers are available to meet with complainants or clients by appointment only.
- Appointments can be scheduled through CE Clerk.
- Detailed written messages may be left for CE Officers at the Planning Department Receptionist desk and they will go investigate your concern or you may use the online complaint form available.
PROPER STORAGE OF CAMPERS, BOATS AND TRAILERS
Do: Store your camper, trailer or boat in the back yard or properly store on the driveway; in the garage or at a storage facility.
Do Not: Use the City's on-street parking for storage of campers, trailers or boats in residential areas.
Nuisance Weed Season 2023
The Nuisance weed season runs from May 1 until September 30.
Nuisance Weeds means: all weeds, grasses, noxious weeds, and untended vegetation growing in excess of twelve inches (12") in height located on any premises in the City.