This means the Planning and Community Services Department will continue to provide all of our services to you via phone, email and online. We also continue to maintain our drop off and pick up areas in the Miller Building for continued processing of plans, permits and applications. Our offices will remain closed to the public and continue to have employees work remotely and in the field as we have been doing for the past month.
We will be preparing during this Phase I period for further opening of our facilities to you in Phase II and III. These efforts will be designed to ensure we can minimize risks to our customers and employees in the months ahead as COVID-19 is not going to quickly or easily disappear, even as we begin to move about the community and utilize more services.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience during this unprecedented public health emergency as we strive to limit the health risks to you and our employees. If you have questions, need clarification for your permit or application, or just need information on our operations, please call us at 247-8676. We are here to help. Thank you.
The Code Enforcement Division is part of the Planning and Community Services Department and works in partnership with the citizens of Billings and Yellowstone County to promote and maintain a safe and attractive community.
The Division, in general, enforces:
- Business regulations
- Land use regulations
- Nuisance codes
- Sign codes
- Specific parking regulations
These codes help preserve the health, safety, and quality of life within the City of Billings and Yellowstone County.
Please report junk vehicles on the street to the Crime Prevention Center using this form or calling (406) 247-8590.
Our office doors open to the Public June 10. However, we are accepting visitors by appointment only due to the COVID-19 virus and social distancing. Please call 406-237-6146 if you need to come into the office.
We are continuing to take concerns over the phone by calling 406-237-6146 or via our online form.
Code Enforcement Clerk is available during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- CE Officer Punt will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Morgan will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Officer Glunt will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Officer II Salzman will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Officers are available to meet with complainants or clients by appointment only.
- Appointments can be scheduled through CE Clerk.
- Detailed written messages may be left for CE Officers at the Planning Department Receptionist desk and they will go investigate your concern or you may use the online complaint form available.
PROPER STORAGE OF CAMPERS, BOATS AND TRAILERS
Do: Store your camper, trailer or boat in the back yard or properly store on the driveway; in the garage or at a storage facility.
Do Not: Use the City's on-street parking for storage of campers, trailers or boats in residential areas.
Nuisance Weed Season 2020
The Nuisance weed season runs from May 1 until September 30.