Doing Business

Bids & RFPs 
Learn about current bid and contract opportunities available to consultants, service providers, contractors, vendors, or suppliers.

Business Licenses
Any person who conducts business in the City or is based in the City must obtain a business license on or before the date the business commences.

Building Permits
Find information about getting a building permit.

Contractor Bonds & Insurance
Contractor Bond and Insurance Forms/Information.

Big Sky Economic Development
Services offered: Business Plan Consulting, Financial Analysis, Loan Packaging, Training, Funding, Marketing, Tax Incentives, Business Recruitment, Retention, Community Re-Development, Grant Seeking, Project Planning, Selling Your Goods and Services to the Government, Manufacturing Expertise.

The City is divided into different zoning districts which are specifically delineated areas in which regulations and requirements uniformly govern the use, placement, spacing, and size of land and buildings.

City Clerk
Where you find City records.

Code Enforcement
Code Enforcement enforces; Land use regulations, Building codes, Business regulations, Nuisance codes, Sign codes, and Specific parking regulations.

Employment | Human Resources
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City.

The City's Planning Division provides community planning and development services to Yellowstone County, the City of Billings, and the Town of Broadview.

Public Works
Public Works provides design, construction, operation, and maintenance of water, wastewater, stormwater, streets and alleys, solid waste, and traffic control.

Responsible for assisting departments with procurement needs and ensuring compliance with Purchasing Procedures.

Any bidder protests of award recommendations and/or bid specifications must be filed with the Purchasing Agent within seven days of bid opening.

Upon receiving a written protest, the Purchasing Agent, with assistance from the Legal Department, determines if the protest has sufficient merit and if so, schedules an informal hearing with the protesting bidder and the user Department.

At this hearing, all parties discuss the basis of the protest and attempt to resolve the dispute based on fact. If the protesting party is not in agreement with the results of the informal hearing, they may appeal to the City Administrator. Ultimately, final decisions rest with the City Council.