Do I have medical coverage in a foreign country?
When you are in a foreign country and need services, you will most likely need to pay for your services. Hospitals in foreign lands do not always coordinate with our insurance coverages here at home.
To submit your bill to your plan for reimbursement, you will be responsible for having your statements and the medical records that may be required translated to English and your costs converted to American dollars. This will be at your expense, as the plan will not provide these services to you. Reimbursement will never be more than the cost of the same care, had it been given by your plan. Care for urgent situations where treatment could not have been reasonably delayed until you return to the United States may be reimbursed if you gain authorization from CARE LINK at (800) 777-3575 prior to services being received. Inpatient care not pre-approved by your plan may not be covered or may be covered at the lower benefit level.

Show All Answers

1. I'm getting divorced. Can I take my spouse off of my insurance?
2. What happens if I don't use my medical flex or child care account by the end of the calendar year?
3. How can I verify what networks my doctor participate in?
4. How does the hospital and/or facility preferred network plan work when I go out of the network?
5. What happens if my physician determines I need specialty care that is not available from any hospital or facility
6. Do I have medical coverage in a foreign country?
7. What happens to my network coverage for my dependent child who moved out of the area for college?
8. What is pre-authorization?
9. Do I ever need to file a medical claim form?
10. What if I lose my ID card or I need to request additional one?
11. When can it elect or terminate dental coverage?
12. Is there an open enrollment period for the 457 Plan?
13. Do I have to wait until the Benefits Enrollment period to update or make changes to my beneficiaries?
14. Do I need to update my address and phone number if it changes?