Bad Check Reporting

This form can be downloaded from the website or picked up at the Crime Prevention Center or at the Billings Police Department located at City Hall.  When attempting to report a check written on a closed account or with non-sufficient funds under Montana Code Annotated 45-6-316, the victim first needs to obtain this packet and follow the instructions outlined. Once the packet has been filled out and the required steps have taken place (including the five (5) day waiting period) the victim may then return the packet and supporting documents to the Crime Prevention Center and a report will be generated and sent to the appropriate attorney’s office for review.

Bad Check Packet