- Exempt Survey Submittal Requirements
Exempt Survey Submittal Requirements
Exemptions for Certain Divisions of LandWhen a certificate of survey, exempt amended plat, or instrument of conveyance is submitted to the Planning Department, the Planning Department shall cause the documents to be examined by the designated agents of the governing body: (the City or County Public Works Department, City or County Attorney, Sanitarian, Treasurer, and Clerk and Recorder). The agents shall examine the proposed land division to determine whether it complies with the requirements. A $200 fee is required with the exception of parcel retracements. Generally, reviews involve a period of 60 working days for the initial check print review, and 30 days for the final mylar review,
CITIZEN ACCESS ONLINE APPLICATION SERVICE Citizen Access Online allows vendors with a current business license the convenience of viewing and applying for Exempt Surveys and paying fees with a credit card. Preferred Browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer.
The Property Owner Signature Page is required for all exempt survey applications. Use this step by step guide to submit for an exempt survey review: Online Exempt Survey GuideExempt Plat Submittal Checklist
Realty Transfer Certificate
Yellowstone County Clerk & Recorder's Filing Fees
APPLICATION INTAKE COMPLETENESS REVIEW: Incomplete Applications will be placed on HOLD or REJECTED. All online application submittals must be deemed complete before any processing will take place by the Planning Division. A complete application includes:
- Contact information for the property owner and agent and completed project attributes
- Uploaded pdf documents of items or exhibits pertaining to the corresponding project consistent with the State of Montana Subdivision and Platting Act, and the City of Billings and Yellowstone County Subdivision Regulations.
- Fee. The fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee the project will be granted.
- A tax receipt from the Yellowstone County Treasurer’s office for payment the 1st and 2nd halves of current the tax year is required for all exempt surveys.