Evidence is open to the public, by appointment only. Please call 406.237.6192 to make an appointment. We DO NOT accept walk-in appointments. If you miss your appointment time, you will have to reschedule for the next available date and time.
HOURS AVAILABLE FOR APPOINTMENTS:
Monday: 7:00AM-Noon, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Tuesday: 7:00AM-Noon, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Thursday: 7:00AM-Noon, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Friday: 7:00AM-Noon, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Property is released by appointment only. Call 406-237-6192 to schedule an appointment. Be sure to have your case number ready prior to calling. Please do not expect to get your property returned the same day you request it. If the officer has not already authorized the release of your property, the officer will need to be contacted to get authorization.
You will be required to present a valid, government issued photo identification in order to claim your property.
Legally seized, found, and unclaimed property is sent to PropertyRoom.com. PropertyRoom.com is an online auction site open for bidding to the general public. They auction all abandoned, stolen, lawfully seized, or unclaimed property of every kind from law enforcement agencies nationwide. The website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The form can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (406) 247-8600, or mailed to P.O. Box 1554, Billings, MT 59103.
- Discovery Request Form (Civil) - PDF
- Discovery Request Form (Civil) - Word Format
- Discovery Request Form (Accident - Civil) - PDF
- Discovery Request Form (Accident - Civil) - Word Format
- Discovery Request Form (Criminal) - PDF
- Discovery Request Form (Criminal) - Word Format
- Discovery Request Form (YCAO, City Attorney & PDO ONLY) - PDF
- Discovery Request Form (YCAO, City Attorney & PDO Only) - Word Format