In general, open burning, recreational fires, and bonfires are prohibited inside the city limits. Portable outdoor fireplaces are allowed with restrictions. Please visit the Fire Prevention Bureau’s webpage on Open Burning and Recreational Fires for more information.
- Keep outdoor fireplaces away from buildings and combustible vegetation.
- Use seasoned firewood.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Always have water and a shovel nearby.
- Extinguish the fire if the weather becomes windy.
- Make sure the fire is completely out - if it’s too hot to touch, it’s too hot to leave.