Awareness via Video
Welcome Home Billings - YouTube ChannelCheck out each of these amazing videos created through the Billings Metro VISTA Project to illuminate poverty and the impacts of homelessness as featured on the Welcome Home Billings YouTube Channel.
- Mayor's Committee Video: Featuring an introduction by the late John Hines, as interviewed by Lisa Harmon. This video provides an introduction to homeless initiatives and housing issues and provides a review of the Billings Community Connect event held in 2009. Sue Runkle provides a description of students and families experiencing homelessness and Lisa Harmon introduces the Spare Change for Real Change initiative. The video was constructed by VISTA member Casey Brown.
- : This video helps to shed light on the lack of affordable housing available in Billings as well as the decrepit conditions that many experience. Those that are low-income households must live in substandard conditions just so they can say they have a roof over their head. Many are at-risk of becoming homeless. This video was created by VISTA members Jessica Mowry and Michael Dummeyer.
- Billings’ Homeless Youth: Features an interview with two young girls that have experienced homelessness with their family. These two young and spirited girls help to show the plights and difficulties that homeless families and youth experience here in Billings. This video was created by VISTA members Jessica Mowry and Michael Dummeyer.
- Project Homeless Connect 2010: Learn about the 4th Annual Project Homeless Connect, now called Billings Community Connect. See how many families, youths, veterans, and individuals were helped at the event and learn how this event helps give a hand up and out of poverty. This video was created by VISTA member Jessica Mowry.
- Outta Sight, Outta Mind: This video centers on James and his experiences being homeless in Billings. He shares his story and struggles of living on the street, which illuminates the realities of being homeless in Billings. This video was created by VISTA members Jessica Mowry and Michael Dummeyer.
- Spare Change for Real Change: Learn about Billings’ alternative to giving to panhandlers! Lisa Harmon of Downtown Billings Alliance explains this amazing initiative created here in Billings. Through this initiative, “spare change” is granted to local organizations that help to end homelessness instead of giving to panhandlers. To learn more or donate to this initiative. This video was created by VISTA member Jessica Mowry.