- Community Development
- Reports & Planning
- Performance Reports
Public Review Process
Following the implementation of the of the City's Annual Action Plan, the City reports on the results of activities carried out in the Comprehensive Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER).
The City of Billings held a public hearing on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 5:30 pm to obtain public comment on:
- CDBG and HOME accomplishments noted in the CAPER linked above.
- Current community needs to assist the Community Development Board in:
- Designing the application process for the upcoming program year, before the publication of the drafted Annual Action Plan in March 2023;
- Identifying community needs for low-income households; and
- Identifying the needs for those experiencing homelessness in preparation for HOME-ARP assessment and planning activities.
Federal regulations require the City to facilitate two public hearings, at different stages of the program year, to obtain residents' views and respond to questions. Together, the hearings address housing and community development needs, development of proposed activities, proposed strategies and actions for affirmatively furthering fair housing, and a review of program performance. The CAPER was open for public comment from August 26 through September 12, 2022.
Public Hearings are accessible to individuals with physical disabilities. Special arrangements for participation in public hearings by individuals with hearing, speech, or vision impairment may be made upon request at least three days prior to the hearing. Fair Housing Equal Opportunity.
Prior Year Performance Reports
Additional reports, including the HUD Integrated Disbursement & Information System reports, are available by contacting the Community Development office:
3825 3rd Avenue North, 6th Floor
Billings, MT 59101