Temporary signs for commercial property may be allowed without a permit in the following instances:
- A banner sign no greater than 32 square feet in area, attached to a wall or canopy is allowed without a permit for one 30-day period each calendar year.
- Two banner signs of 32 feet may be displayed at the same time.
- No banner sign may be displayed between fence posts or on a fence.
- Portable style temporary signs may be displayed after receiving a temporary sign permit approval from the Planning Division. This type of temporary sign may be displayed for one 30-day period or two 15-day periods during each calendar year.
- All temporary signs must be displayed on private property and on the site where the goods or services are offered for sale.
- No off-site temporary signs are allowed.